Would you race change if it would improve your dps?

Monday, November 8, 2010

The State of my UI

This will be a regular (monthly?) post regarding the state of my UI and any changes made to it since the last State post.

A few months ago one of my hard drives died. I thought I had a backup on my external drive but I was unable to restore from it (tragedy!) and so I had to rebuild my UI from scratch. It's still not quite where I want it but it's coming along. The truth of the matter is, I'm pretty much constantly tweaking my UI and have been practically since I installed my first addon (I don't remember what it was called - I know it was an action bar mod, though) back in Vanilla.




All of the functionality I had before the drive died is back now and has been for a while, but some of the pretty stuff and more complicated stuff is still gone. I had SexyMap all fancied up with different looks for each character (specifically my druid, my priest, my warlock and my rogue all had their own looks). I'm starting to get it back gradually but slowly. I also had Macaroon! set up on my rogue in a fairly complex configuration and I haven't even touched it yet, though I really do want to get it set up again. (Macaroon is an awesome macro based action bar mod deserving of a post all to itself, which I will get to once I have it working again for me.)

Of course, I went through the usual patch upheaval with 4.01, tweaking and updating things until everything was working again, but at this point I've been through this process so many times that it was relatively painless. I healed with the default raid frames for a few days while I waited for Grid to get working again. The new Blizz raid frames are a major improvement over the old ones but they still don't quite get there as far as what I want. But that's the thing - I really really love using UI mods and setting up my interface exactly to my specifications. If the default UI catered to my needs, then it would probably be much too complicated for the average user.

Anyway, here's a couple of screenshots of my addons folder (it takes two to see everything lol):

And here's what it looks like on my druid in a raid:

And on my new baby hunter (dirty dirty Alliance, I feel like a traitor, but I made her to be part of Single Abstract Noun (the US version is Alliance side):

No comments:

Post a Comment