Would you race change if it would improve your dps?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Power Auras Tutorial pt 5: Warlockery and skullduggery

Been trying to get the warlock up to par and so I've made a few Power Auras for her.



First, Conflagrate was being a major PitA, thanks to Blizz leaving in the detection for Shadowflame on it, so it would flash as usable when Shadowflame was on the target, even though it no longer works with Shadowflame. I found the blue post about it, and they were like "oh yeah, known issue, don't think we're fixing it". So in order to fix my Conflagrate aura, I had to make it link to Immolate, so it would only light up if Immolate was on the target. I figured I might as well set up my Immolate auras while I was at it, and I've got two - one just showing the timer, and another one to animate when it's time to recast it. With dot clipping removed, it's ideal to refresh most of your dots (except for BoA) between the penultimate and last tick, so my aura flashes at 2.25 seconds, which is about what I need based on Immolate's cast time and my own reactions. Since that varies with haste and skill, you may want to adjust it.

And again, since they're linked auras, I'm posting them as a set.
Set=Page 2@
Aura[25]=Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball; buffname:Conflagrate; x:-225; bufftype:7; owntex:true; multiids:27; PowerType:0; spec1:false; combat:true; size:0.24; y:0@
Aura[26]=Version:4.4; anim1:2; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_Immolation; buffname:Immolate; begin:1; x:225; bufftype:2; owntex:true; mine:true; size:0.24; y:85; anim2:9; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; timer.InvertAuraBelow:2.25@
Aura[27]=Version:4.4; b:0.4314; g:0.2353; target:true; icon:Spell_Fire_Immolation; buffname:Immolate; x:225; bufftype:2; owntex:true; mine:true; size:0.24; y:85; texmode:2; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM@

The Immolate aura animates for the last 2.25 seconds, reminding me to recast it before the last tick.
 Chaos Bolt usable:
Version:4.4; icon:Ability_Warlock_ChaosBolt; buffname:Chaos Bolt; x:-225; bufftype:15; owntex:true; PowerType:0; spec1:false; combat:true; size:0.24; y:85

Improved Soul Fire buff with timer:
Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Fire_Fireball02; buffname:Improved Soul Fire; x:225; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; spec1:false; size:0.24; y:0; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM

Shadowburn usable:
Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Shadow_ScourgeBuild; buffname:Shadowburn; x:-225; bufftype:7; owntex:true; PowerType:0; spec1:false; combat:true; size:0.24; y:-85

What it looks like when all the notifications are up. Positioned so they don't overlap the Empowered Imp aura from the default ui.
And for my demonology spec, I have my Molten Core aura (stacks plus timer):
Version:4.4; icon:Ability_Warlock_MoltenCore; buffname:Molten Core; x:-225; owntex:true; mine:true; PowerType:0; spec2:false; groupOrSelf:true; combat:true; size:0.24; y:85; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:BOTTOM; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.Relative:CENTER; stacks.h:2.58; stacks.Texture:AccidentalPresidency



No comments:

Post a Comment