Would you race change if it would improve your dps?

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Deus Vox Encounters and Mik's Scrolling Battle Text: A Love Story

Working on Lich King 25 today with my raid alliance and decided I needed to rearrange some of my ui elements to make it a bit easier to track defiles and such. I haven't done Lich King on 10 or 25 that much on my druid and I was finding that while my ui on her is fine for most fights, it was hurting more than it was helping on LK.

For boss mods, as I mentioned before, I use Deus Vox Encounters, which I love for its configurability. Today I found another reason to love it - it works with MikScrollingBattleText (which I admit to being a relative newcomer to - I felt like I was doing okay with the default floating combat text but enough people recommended MSBT to me that I figured I should give it a shot). After playing with it a bit (plenty of wipes and DCs today which gave me plenty of time to tweak things lol), I think I'm pretty happy with what I came up with.




The DXE alerts window for MSBT is in the middle of my screen, right under my Ovale display.


Here are the steps I used:

First, set up a new window in MSBT.



 
I named the new window DXE. Simple and to the point, right?


 Second, configure the window
I reduced the animation speed a bit and changed it so that it was scrolling down rather than up.
Play with the text settings until you find something that you like

Finally, configure DXE to output to MSBT
Select MikSBT and DXE (if you're as boring as I am and named your window that in MSBT) for your alerts output. You probably will have to reload your ui before doing this step - otherwise the DXE option won't show up in the "Sub section" dropdown.

Feel free to throw any questions at me.

ETA a note to reload ui before setting the DXE alert output.

No comments:

Post a Comment