Would you race change if it would improve your dps?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Power Auras Tutorial pt 4: Chakras and Wings and ICC Oh my!




I've been playing with Holy on my priest and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I struggled a bit to set up a Power Aura for my Holy Word spells though, so I looked around a bit and after looking at some advice on the forums and on the Power Auras Wiki I managed to figure it out.



I'll explain the steps first in case you have the same problem I did and couldn't export the string - it requires linked Power Auras which have to exported/imported as a set, and when I tried to do that with the one posted on the wiki, it not only gave me a lua error, it also deleted my Power Auras (it turns out this is what happens when you export a string to a page that already has some)! (Fortunately I keep copies of my strings on Google docs so it was easily recovered.)

So first you make a Power Aura that detects your Chakra state. I actually already had one set up because I wanted to watch my timer for it. Originally I had just set it to Activation by Buff, Chakra but the advice I read suggested putting in all the potential Chakra states, so that's what I did.

The Chakra Power Aura string:
Version:4.4; icon:priest_icon_chakra_blue; buffname:Chakra: Heal/Chakra: Renew/Chakra: Prayer of Healing; x:-785; owntex:true; isResting:0; PowerType:0; size:0.21; y:275; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT

Then I created identical Power Auras for each version of Holy Word (by creating one and then copying it and editing the text for each one). You have to put the ID# for the Chakra Power Aura in the second input box on this one (and that's the link you lose if you export the auras one by one instead of as a set).

The ID is in the tooltip when you mouseover

The second box is where you put the ID for the linked aura


But just in case, here's the string for the Sanctuary aura:
Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Holy_Chastise; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:-565; bufftype:7; owntex:true; isResting:0; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.17; y:185


And here's the string for the set (it's set to page 1, I think if you change that part of it you should be able to put it on another page):
Set=Page 1@
Aura[1]=Version:4.4; icon:priest_icon_chakra_blue; buffname:Chakra: Heal/Chakra: Renew/Chakra: Prayer of Healing; x:-785; owntex:true; isResting:0; PowerType:0; size:0.21; y:275; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT@
Aura[2]=Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Holy_Chastise; buffname:Holy Word: Sanctuary; x:-565; bufftype:7; owntex:true; isResting:0; multiids:1; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.17; y:185@
Aura[3]=Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Holy_Chastise; buffname:Holy Word: Aspire; x:-565; bufftype:7; owntex:true; isResting:0; multiids:1; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.17; y:185@
Aura[4]=Version:4.4; icon:Spell_Holy_Chastise; buffname:Holy Word: Serenity; x:-565; bufftype:7; owntex:true; isResting:0; multiids:1; PowerType:0; combat:true; size:0.17; y:185@
This is what it looks like



I also made auras for Circle of Healing, Chakra (this one for the cooldown rather than the buff) and Guardian Spirit.

CoH:
Version:4.4; b:0.9569; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Holy_CircleOfRenewal; buffname:Circle of Healing; r:0.9294; begin:1; x:-674; bufftype:15; aurastext:Penance; owntex:true; isResting:0; sound:25; PowerType:0; spec1:false; aurastextfont:11; combat:true; size:0.18; y:185

Chakra cooldown:
Version:4.4; b:0.9569; anim1:2; icon:priest_icon_chakra; buffname:Chakra; r:0.9294; begin:1; x:-732; bufftype:15; aurastext:Penance; owntex:true; isResting:0; PowerType:0; aurastextfont:11; combat:true; size:0.18; y:185

Guardian Spirit cooldown:
Version:4.4; b:0.9569; anim1:2; icon:Spell_Holy_GuardianSpirit; buffname:Guardian Spirit; r:0.9294; begin:1; x:-620; bufftype:15; aurastext:Penance; owntex:true; isResting:0; PowerType:0; aurastextfont:11; combat:true; size:0.18; y:185



My cooldowns for Holy


I don't know about you guys but I've been enjoying the heck out of the Archangel/Evangelism talents for Disc. lolsmite healz ftw!

Evangelism stacks plus timer:
Version:4.4; b:0.3333; g:0.851; icon:Spell_Holy_DivineIllumination; buffname:Evangelism; r:0.9529; x:-785; owntex:true; PowerType:0; size:0.21; y:275; texmode:2; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.r:0.9529; stacks.b:0.3333; stacks.g:0.851; stacks.Relative:TOPRIGHT; stacks.UpdatePing:true; stacks.UseOwnColor:true





















Archangel with timer:
Version:4.4; b:0.6784; g:0.9098; icon:ability_priest_archangel; buffname:Archangel; r:0.9529; x:-785; owntex:true; PowerType:0; size:0.21; y:275; texmode:2; timer.enabled:true; timer.Relative:RIGHT






















And finally, Tales of a Priest has some nice ICC export strings. They've served me quite well, though I added one for Necrotic Plague for myself.
Version:4.4; g:0.3373; icon:Ability_Creature_Disease_02; buffname:Necrotic Plague; r:0.7255; x:-233; bufftype:2; owntex:true; PowerType:0; size:0.44; y:185; timer.h:1.35; timer.enabled:true


Phew, a lot of strings in this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment