Would you race change if it would improve your dps?

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Power Auras Tutorial pt 3: Spell Cooldowns & Disc Priesting

On my disc priest there are a couple of significant cooldowns I want to monitor, so that I make sure and use them when I can. So I've set up Power Auras to monitor them.




This is what it looks like, I put it right above Grid, since that is where I'm usually looking for information when I'm healing.



Here are the settings I used:

This time I'm using text so I've written "Prayer of Mending" in the box near the top, underneath where I've ticked the "Text Aura" box.

The texture for the spell is kind of yellow so I made the text yellow too, because I like keeping some visual connection between them. I also chose to use the "Cloister Black" font for my text aura.


Back to my settings:


"My Spell Cooldown" is a new setting they added in the last major update. I'm using it instead of "Action Usable" because I found that the latter required me to have the spell on a bar somewhere and since I'm using Clique for casting on my healer, I don't need Prayer of Mending or Penance on my bar. I wrote "Prayer of Mending" in the text box (or "Penance"), "In Combat" is ticked because I don't need to track it out of combat and "Spec 2" (for my disc spec) is also ticked (Spec 1 is my shadow spec which I'm only using for the occasional solo quest and I don't need to track PoM in that spec).

It's also animated so it blinks at me a little bit when it's up:






This is what my ui looks like in a raid, with my Penance aura showing above my raid frames:


Here are the strings if you want to just import my auras:
(Note: these are the old strings, since this is copied from an older post. I'll post my new strings later - I'm not using the same auras on my priest any more anyway. Though they are for an older version of Power Auras, they should still work.)

Prayer of Mending:
Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu0.16862745098039; anim1:nu2; g:nu0.95686274509804; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_PrayerOfMendingtga; size:nu1.2300000190735; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; y:nu235; x:nu-734; customname:st; groupany:botrue; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu15; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:stPrayer of Mending; symetrie:nu0; owntex:bofalse; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:botrue; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; id:nu7; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu11; buffname:stPrayer of Mending; inRaid:nu0; tooltipCheck:st; customtex:bofalse; stance:nu10; spec2:botrue; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:bofalse; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:bofalse; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; sound:nu0; finish:nu1

Penance:
Version:st3.0.0E; gcd:bofalse; b:nu0.95686274509804; anim1:nu2; g:nu1; optunitn:bofalse; ignoremaj:botrue; stacksLower:nu0; target:bofalse; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Penance; size:nu1.2300000190735; torsion:nu1; r:nu0.92941176470588; y:nu210; x:nu-734; customname:st; groupany:botrue; isAlive:botrue; timerduration:nu0; unitn:st; bufftype:nu15; stacks:nu0; focus:bofalse; raid:bofalse; texture:nu1; alpha:nu0.75; aurastext:stPenance; symetrie:nu0; owntex:bofalse; isResting:nu0; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; multiids:st; inVehicle:bofalse; speed:nu1; anim2:nu0; stacksOperator:st>=; realaura:nu1; threshold:nu50; exact:bofalse; textaura:botrue; wowtex:bofalse; groupOrSelf:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:botrue; id:nu8; inParty:nu0; HideRequest:bofalse; Active:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu11; buffname:stPenance; inRaid:nu0; tooltipCheck:st; customtex:bofalse; stance:nu10; spec2:botrue; isSecondary:bofalse; thresholdinvert:bofalse; spec1:botrue; Debug:bofalse; beginSpin:bofalse; Showing:bofalse; UseOldAnimations:bofalse; begin:nu1; off:bofalse; party:bofalse; texmode:nu1; inverse:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; sound:nu0; finish:nu1

No comments:

Post a Comment